Have you ever been to Red Lobster or Joe's Crab Shack and been disappointed? Or have you ever ordered sea food at a nice restaurant only to not be fully satisfied at the end of your meal?! Well, that's Jared every time he orders some sort of sea food! It's so cute watching him order because he gets so excited, but it's also so sad when we leave because I know he was disappointed. The sweet thing is that he always acts happy about his meal and says that it was "so good" only to later admit that he should learn his lesson...
NOT THIS TIME SIR! I decided a couple weeks back that I wanted to make an amazing dinner for Jared to celebrate our happy (and roller-coaster) marriage! I hope this isn't too lame of a blog entry for Elijah to read back one day, but it was too fun to pass off.
Our fun little journey began with putting Elijah to bed. He was a good little guy as usual. As soon as I closed his bedroom door I went right to work! Here are the main yummies! That huge one is about 3 lbs of snow crab legs. The one to the left is the shrimp and to the right is the lobster tail! YUM!
I figured I didn't want to make such a heavy meal so the only two sides were asparagus and a few small red baked potatoes.
There are the AMAZING Snow Crab legs. They turned out sooooo good!
A heaping dish of large, garlic buttered shrimp!
I don't know how well you can see everything, but we had asparagus, snow crab in the back with baked potatoes, a heaping dish of large shrimp, blackberries, lobster tail, and of course, Martinellis
I wish I had a picture of Jared stunned reaction to the feast! But, here's an after feast picture of my king.
... and all the shells and left overs...
But that's not all! We used our fireplace for the first time :) We ended the night with s'mores. Happy Anniversary lover! I can't believe it's been 4 years already! Where has the time gone?!


omg that asparagus looks amazing!! really it just makes my mouth water!! good job gidget! lucky man!!
ReplyDelete