We have a lot to be Thankful this Thanksgiving!
First, we are so thankful for our family! Our mothers are amazing women that have taught us so much about growing up! We love you Dora and Karen! Glenn is an amazing man who has taught us hard work, perseverance and family values... and I guess he also blessed Jared with his good humor! Each of our siblings (this includes Misty and Michio of course) are unique and AMAZING! We love you all!I especially love YOU Claudia! You are my favorite girl in the whole wide world!
Second, we are thankful that Elijah has had such a good first year of life! He's been so fun and happy, we just love him so much! Right now he is getting 4 more teeth in (aside from the 8 he already has). Poor little guy! He is such a trooper!Third, we are so grateful to have awesome jobs that we truly enjoy!
Fourth, we are thankful for our awesome, kickbutt new car! Hybrids totally rock!!
Fifth, but most important, we are grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ, for the life He lived, for the Atonement He endured for us, and for the example He is to us. Because of His infinite sacrifice we can one day return to live with our Father in Heaven and we can live with our families for eternity. I am grateful that His Church is once again on the Earth and that we can have saving ordinances that enable us to be heirs to all of God's promised blessings.
We were blessed with perfect weather today! We decided to go for a nice morning bike ride!
Joaquin really HATES anything you put on his head. Oh well little dude, the helmet is a must!
Our normal thanksgiving traditions have always included, but not limited to lounging around, watching football or basketball... eating good food... relaxing... in our PJ's... I don't think EJ got the PJ's memo!
Later in the day, when EJ decided to put pants back on he helped make our Thanksgiving dinner!
It was very simple, but nice Thanksgiving meal. I really enjoyed an intimate evening with my two guys. I think that's what I needed.
On a more personal note:
Five years ago today we lost one of our beloved friends. We miss so much Chental! Because of the Plan of Salvation I know that I will see her again. I know she is in a good place and she is happy. Thank you for living your life in such a way to bless others. Thank you for your example! I can't wait to catch up with you and talk through the night like we used to!
Thank you to whoever is reading this, thank you for who you are. And to you Chental, I miss you and today I celebrate your life. Happy Thanksgiving Hurley!
I invite any of you to read Chental's Eulogy. She was a remarkable girl, one of the best to ever walk this earth!






aawwee so sweet!! i love you more gidget.. you really are my world!!! and let me just say those are some great buns EJ has.. really well displayed!! (wink) love ya brunners!!
ReplyDeletect
oh yah one more thing.. DANG pimping joaquin, in your bicycle ride, i mean you can get any more cuter! you just have the coolest gadgets and gizmos!!! really you do!! you look so BAD-A on that bike!! owning the streets with your big poppa... seriously you rock Joaquin! youre so cool and well of course you know it!! so cool!!
ReplyDeleteCT