Sunday, February 6, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!

I know that lately baby Joaquin has been all the rage around our neck of the woods... but we need to pause for a day and wish Jared a very happy birthday! 
 
February 6, 2011 our dearest Jared boy turned the big... are you ready!? He turned the big 3-0. That's right, he may tease and act like a 16 year old, but he is now a grown up and responsible 30 year old :) He is so grown up that he even noticed that he made the cut at work. Well, he at least got his name posted on his cubicle section. We were so excited! He feels more official now working for Sony. Check it out, bottom right!
Since Jared's bday landed on Sunday we decided to invite a few buddies for cookies and ice cream.
 I am so happy that this man was born 30 years ago! He is my light and my strength. He sure keeps me busy, entertained and laughing! The thing that stupidly amazes me (and never ceases to amaze me) is how many stupid and funny movie lines he can quote.Walking down memory lane, this man can pull out any old movie quote and use it to his advantage! Unbelievable. He sure can make me laugh (even if I pretend to ignore his lame jokes sometimes). A good friend once compared Jared to a nice warm universal sweater. She said that he could be worn by many and make them feel comfortable. I the time I thought it was a silly thing to say, but now looking back I'd say she was right. I've never met anyone who didn't enjoy Jared's company! I am so lucky to have a man like this in my life.Come to think of it, he's mine for eternity! WHAT A JOY! 
Speaking of joy, I can't help it, I promised family to give a weekly update... Here goes...

ELIJAH has just turned 6 weeks! WOOOHOOOO.
It SNOWED THIS WEEK! Can you believe it?! It had been in the teens all week long and it dropped to 9 degrees one night. Feb 4th we woke to see fresh snow on the grounds. Elijah didn't go outside, but he got to see his first white out. The picture below was taken by Stanford E Moore here in Austin... enjoy!

Moving on... This week he just continues to smile and talk his lil baby talk. I love it!

 Sorry for all this overload, but I just think he is too cute!
 Check out his little hands! He fell asleep being held by Charee' :)
 And on a sad though fun note, this week he has begun to outgrow some of his newborn clothes :( I don't think he'll be wearing that little striped onsie again.

1 comment:

  1. I love to see my Prince with his big eyes open. is so precious.

    ReplyDelete