Monday, February 28, 2011

week 9: Grandma Dora Comes to Town

This was a week for preparation.  Grandma Dora came to have a much longer visit with Elijah than the last time she was here.  Filled with giant Dora sized bear hugs, smooching kisses, funny Spanish lullaby’s, weird baby voices & the warmest cuddle sessions EJ has ever experienced.  We were so glad that Grandma D could be with us for the weekend and to get to see how much growth has happened.  I know she is so proud of her first grandchild.  I could totally see it on her face at church.  She was like a protective force field of Grandma power to all those who came within range.


So a random infestation of super annoying flies blessed our home.  Some giant Texas sized house flies all decided that they wanted to make themselves comfortable in our house.  We had no clue on how they kept getting in.  We have double glass sliding doors and windows that were never opened.  I thought it was like one of those attack of the killer (insert monster here) movies when you kill one it magically multiplies.  That’s what it felt like to me.  I would spend my evenings killing those little jerks and it seems that whenever I smashed one of those guys, one or two more would start buzzing around as if they were amused at my rage.  One night we counted a record 26 flies that died by towel smack followed up with the smashing of a lifetime inside a napkin.

1 comment:

  1. probably from the baby poop.. flies love that sutff you know!!...

    ReplyDelete