Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hello little eggie!

This week we've reached 13 weeks of pregnancy! At the end of this week I will be officially out of the first trimester... woohoo!

In this first trimester our lil guy went from being the size of a lentil (wk 6)...


to the size of a Peppermint candy (wk 9)...

...and has now graduated to the size of an egg (wk 13)! 
ALRIGHT, our little guy is moving up the food chain quickly!

By now this kiddo is busy moving all over the place, arms and legs waving, body wriggling. All its vital organs have come including the pancreas which has already begun to produce insulin. The little fingernails have already started to grow. Its ears and eyelids have developed and set in place. The little dude can even get the hiccups! We don't know if our little magical joy will be a boy or a girl yet, but its external sexual organs are beginning to emerge now. How exciting!
This is my mischievous look at 13 weeks. At first I thought I was having twins because I was ALWAYS hungry, but now I don't think so... I'd probably be showing more belly at this stage, although I think I'm already starting to poke out a pooch belly and I don't think it's the baby!

7 comments:

  1. You are graciously creating a softer nest for the little egg baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. um gidget... i think you are gaining weight... i dont know maybe its just my eyes, but you have a tummy!!!

    ps. dude this blog asked me for a password and all.. dang thats high class!!
    you were always a diva!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that BRYCE OLSEN is WONDERFUL!!! love them pics of kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Te ves muy linda...que emocion baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lookin cute,although I still can't see a belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like my belly pooched out more than that before I was ever even pregnant, haha. So your lookin good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great you take these pics! We didn't do it with Rylan until the end and we haven't done it with this little gal either.

    ReplyDelete