Joaquin is officially out of the 4th trimester! WooHOO! According to some baby books, babies are not ready to be born and that's why they are so colicy and fussy. Regardless, our little man just turned 4 months and has been such a joy to have in our family! On the 26th of April we took him in for his 4 month check up. He now weighs 15lbs 5 oz and measures 25 in. That may not seem like a very big kid, but man, he is getting heavy to carry around church when he needs his morning nap! The biggest update we have is that now Joaquin rolls over whenever HE wants to. He rolled over at 2months, but it was usually an accident, but now he can do it whenever he wants, which is usually when we try to give him some belly time.
We got a chance to chill at Zilker park this week. The weather has been great lately! If you look closely at the picture of Jared the picture behind him says "wash your butt".
Play Me I'm Yours is yet another reason why I love Austin! Austin is now hosting an interactive art exhibit. There are14 pianos placed around downtown Austin by artist Johnny Walker. Here is one of the ones we stopped to listen to.We got to go on our first road trip with a baby. Let's just say Joaquin does not like his carseat! He hardly ever cries, but this trip he probably cried more total minutes than he has cried in his short 4 months of life. Sad! It was fun hanging out in Houston and visiting mission friends and family. I got to see my beloved besty, Lexi Reyes. She is my inspiration, and an amazing woman who wakes up daily and makes her life worthwhile. I am happy to have her in my life after her continual battle against cancer. It is for her that I grow my hair and donate it to locks of Love every 3 years. I am happy that she is still strong and alive.
...I found a youtube video of a local Austinite playing the Zilker Park piano. If you're interested check it out.







No comments:
Post a Comment