Thursday, December 23, 2010

9 months… and then some!

 
39 weeks vs 40 weeks
This (above) was me on the 11th of December, the day I hoped our baby would come. Did I mention we moved this day? Yup, 9 months pregnant and we decided to move to another apartment. No worries, Jared didn't let me do anything big or heavy. I just mainly packed and unpacked :) 
 AND below, me on my due date...
This baby was due December 13th, it is now December 23rd… hmmm… no baby. I’ve been fortunate enough to have my mother visit and help with the baby. Only one problem, no baby. Aside from that, it’s been a good pregnancy, but here are the real facts for last minute issues… My feet are super swollen; so much that toward the last days none of my shoes fit. One thing I noticed that has helped the swelling have been my handy dandy Dr. Martins, yes I have had these puppies since 7th grade, but they still fit and have done me well! I guess keeping a tight fit around the ankles have really increased my ability to walk longer. Fact #2 I can’t eat any sweets, rather I have to enjoy beets and dark leafy greens… really? Well, it sucks up the butt, but it helps keep down the swelling. Fact #3 Everyone at church keeps asking me when this baby is gonna come. That wouldn’t be so bad if they all didn’t find the need to ask me my plans of induction and give me reasons why I should get this little guy out now. You all know I am very opinionated and can be rather blunt, but at these moments all I can do is smile. I tried telling people that I was going to do a natural home birth, but that only worried them and brought on added stress to the conversation. Fact #4 when I went in for my 41 week ultrasound the Doctor warned me of waiting too long. She said the risk of still born babes increases drastically with aged placentas. Geez! That’s exactly what I want to hear!  
Some good things to note.  I am learning patience! I am learning patience for myself as I am slower and need to take my time. I am learning patience for opinionated idiots around me. And most important, I am learning patience for the Lords sacred timing. I am also gaining more love because I feel that waiting longer will help me appreciate this baby so much more when he does come.  I saw Sister Downing at costco and she assured me that it is very common for first time moms to be 10-11 days late. That actually was a relief. In the meantime I will continue to cross my fingers that no medical intervention will be necessary.

 Maybe its a good thing the baby hasn't come yet... mom and I got a chance to sight see all around Austin. We even went to visit the Capital building. Can you see my Dr. Martins in this picture? Thank you Docs.
And finally, today I am 41 ½ weeks prego!

No comments:

Post a Comment