Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Entering the 8th month... WOW!


I think I forgot to mention it, or maybe I just avoided the topic all together... we changed midwives! We started off with MariMikel, a woman who actually turned out to be pretty crazy. At first we were super impressed by her wealth of knowledge and years delivering babies, but the more we saw her, the more uncomfortable I felt. She started making me feel horrible for not gaining enough weight and started belittling me in various ways. And when I expressed concerns or fears about natural birthing (because I am only human and fear comes and goes!) she made me feel like crap and didn't encourage me nor reassure me of what I was capable of doing. Geez! How rude. When we decided to leave her it was a big ordeal, let's just say Jared handled it because I was not about to face a bully :)

Welp, that was a couple of months ago. We are now in the loving hands of April Bullock, a CPM, Licensed Midwife. She makes me feel comfortable and confident! I am not afraid to ask questions nor to speak my mind, which if you know me you'd know how important that is for me. Last week we started hypnobirthing, which is probably (and only in my opinion) the closest form of birthing to what Eve did! There are so many wonderful things to say about Hypnobirthing, but I'll just say that I love it because it is centered on the family, it is an intimate form of birthing where the woman trusts her body to work at its own pace and where the father has an integral part of the birthing process. LOVE IT!
30 weeks      vs      32 weeks




3 comments:

  1. Te ves preciosa mi niña...es increible como crece mi pio..pio...love U.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its time for an update. You look even more beautifully larger with child now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man look at that boy grow!!! Lookin good.:)

    ReplyDelete